There had been some rumours that the update would only be available if you upgraded iTunes to the latest version (10.2) but I just tried on 10.1.2 and it seems to work fine.
Why bother with iOS 4.3? Well as we mentioned in our roundup of Apple’s iPad 2 announcement, there are a few compelling reasons:
- Faster web browsing
- Improved home sharing
- AirPlay improvements: Photos get all slideshow options, audio and video can be done from all apps and websites too.
- Personal hotspot for iPhone 4 users
- Lock switch can be customized: rotation lock or mute function
- New PhotoBooth software for camera-equipped devices
- FaceTime now supports the iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPod Touch and any Mac with an isight/facetime camera